Yesterday I was busy trying a few new things in the kitchen and had 2 successful recipes! I LOVE it when that happens! I would love to link to the site I originally found this recipe, but it keeps saying there’s a server error. I’m so thankful I printed it when I did!
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free Crackers
2 1/2 cups almond flour
2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp oil (original recipe call for grapeseed, but I used expeller pressed coconut oil)
* Mix together the almond flour, salt and baking soda.
* Add in cheeses.
* Add in the eggs and then slowly drizzle in the oil.
* Beat slowly until mixture is doughy. Should be mostly firm.
* Half the mixture. You can cook both batches or freeze one for another day.
*Place the dough in the center of a large piece of parchement. Place another piece of parchment on top and using a rolling pin, roll from center outwards until dough is about 1/8 inch thick.
* Trim around edges and/or cut through dough to make squares – a pizza cutter works well.
* Top with an extra sprinkling of salt if you like extra salty crackers.
* Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes until dough is browning and edges and middle are no longer moist. Check often as ovens differ. (I baked mine 10 minutes more, turning them over to make them crispier).
* Let cool completely before breaking or cutting – at least one hour
** The site I got this recipe says Recipe by: Greynonymous. So Thank you, whoever you are, for this wonderful recipe!!
Another recipe I made is Paleo Apple Crisp. So tasty! I did make a couple subs – I used organic cane sugar in place of the muscovado sugar. I also just used all pecans instead of the walnuts the recipe called for. Don’t have walnuts, so that is the main reason, but I’m not really a walnut fan. 🙂
The only other cooking adventure I had yesterday was using my convection oven to bake frozen chicken breasts. I love how they came out of the oven and even Eric said they were not bad and he is not a fan of chicken.