It was quite a weekend! Let’s see. . . 10 things about this weekend:
1. Friday after school and everything was cleaned up and put away, I donned my “beautiful” painting clothes and headed for the chicken coop. I applied a second coat of paint to the inside of the coop. Whew. Glad that’s over! 🙂
2. Saturday. Got up and made some coffee, bacon and hash browns for the family, donned my paint clothes again and headed for the chicken coop. Put a 2nd coat of paint on the outside of the coop (covered all the nails, etc). Took a quick trip to Lowe’s to get green paint and some other things we needed. Then, I started painting the white door green. I’ll have to get a picture tomorrow or some time soon. The kids were put to work. They worked on some yard chores and did a fine job. I praised them highly for their work and I think they felt pretty good about it. 🙂
3. Sunday. The kids and I visited Homeacre Chapel today for morning service. They were so excited to visit the church and it was a really nice to see everyone again. My mom was so surprised to see us! 🙂 I like surprises! Eric stayed home and worked on that coop. Some day he’ll get it finished enough so he can go to church again. Shorter days makes it harder to get things done. After church, we went to the store to pick up some needed items for the week and came home. Made dinner, then donned my paint clothes and continued painting the chicken coop door. I hate painting over white. Painting wooden walls (especially OSB and T1-11) is much more forgiving! It just sucks in the paint no matter how sloppy you are with it.
4. I should get a picture of myself in my paint clothes. It’s a lovely site.
5. I didn’t get green or brown streaks in my hair.
6. The weather was absolutely perfect! It was nice to be out painting in the sunshine. The smell of fall is probably one of my favorite smells.
7. My hubby decided to make Orb Weaver a pet. It’s in a jar on the buffet table in the kitchen. I think she’s dying. Kinda like Charlotte in Charlotte’s Web. She won’t eat. The hissers survived their first week as pets in our home. The chickens haven’t found them, yet.
8. I love my children and husband very much. My 2nd baby boy is going to be 9 in a few days. Where did the time go??
9. Planning school for the week took up quite a bit of time this evening, but it’s done. That’s why I’m sitting here writing a quick blog for the week.
10. Oh, I got my new book from booksneeze and am quite excited about reading it!
11. One more thing . . . I’m trying to talk my son into giving up his rooster for a hen. I’d much rather have an egg layer, than a food eater. Just sayin’.